Lilypie

Friday, October 10, 2008

Lonely Hearts Club?

I realise the more people I meet, the wider my scope becomes, and now I can be happy to say that despite meeting some undesirable people, at least I have been enriched. Nowadays whenever people try to be cynical or say something "childish", I will always ask them, "You don't know that many people, don't you?" And they will always be astonished and wondered how I knew. For instance, some guys assume all girls are the same so try to behave the same way to every girl they meet. What they fail to realise is that people are different. Not every girl is a slut or so loose, and not every girl is the type to worship the ground the guy walks on.

Just like when girls have been treated badly or been treated very well, they will assume that every guy is the same - should treat them just as badly or just as well. I know girls, being who they are, are more prone to masochism than guys, but still, why be stuck in something if the guy clearly cares more for himself than you? Guys are fond of changing their minds! They can sweet talk you, promise you all kinds of things, convince you they want to be with you, then suddenly pick on minor things and drop you on the spot. I have gone through so many of these that I know for sure what I am talking about.

There are still many people out there who rather want company than being with someone. Now the people whose companies I enjoy are those who genuinely want to get to know me as a friend, then just enjoy ourselves with each other, without having the burden of thinking whether he / she is the one. Know each other first before seeing if anything will happen. Sad to say, there are many who miss their chances simply because they are looking for perfection, when a perfect match is but a pipe's dream.

I know there are many lonely souls out there, but that does not mean just grabbing anyone to be with because of loneliness. Hey, I get lonely too, at times when I do things, or when I was so stressed, or when I was facing problems, I do wish there is someone by my side, to share my burdens and moods. There are some well-meaning people saying I should go and get what I want if I kind of like a person, but to me, "kind of like" does not equate to really being in love and wanting to be with the person above all else. Which is why I am not doing anything until I am absolutely sure.

On the other hand, these same well-meaning people also said no point waiting, just move on and accept whoever. But that is one thing I cannot do. Just because I cannot be with someone, does it mean I go with someone else? I know there are many who do that - go with second best, after all, it is better to be with someone rather than no one. But right now, my concept of a relationship is not like that. I am not craving for someone to love me and do things for me. If I really end up loving a person, I have no qualms doing anything for him. But if my heart is not able to convince my head (and vice versa) to do my best for someone, then I rather not go into anything at all.

In case some of you are wondering, yes, I told someone who tried to hold my hand we can only be friends, nothing more than that. Sometimes I wonder, must I stop being nice to people just so they will not get the wrong message? A girl being nice to a guy does not indicate she is interested, just like if a guy is nice to a girl, that does not mean he is interested as well. Or maybe people nowadays are just "un-nice" so when someone is nice, they will always question the motive or jump to the wrong conclusions. How sad!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...