Lilypie

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Getting Into Less Trouble

I feel really bad for my parents. They were born of humble backgrounds and managed to work and scrimped and saved to what they are today. They just wish for their children to be happy and have the best. Yet we seem to let them down all the time, no matter what age.

My mum always complains that other people’s kids are so good, so smart and so capable, but how come her own kids just take things so easy? Yes, I know I am not smart nor capable nor good, but I am trying. I hope to be capable too, I hope to be street smart too. But do these come with what your luck is like when born or how you make of things?

For instance, she used to blame me for getting myself cheated, for being so soft-hearted and gullible. True in a way, but on the other hand, do people think I like to get myself cheated? Do people think I go around asking for people to cheat me? Or she used to blame me for not being smart enough.

She said it is no wonder none of my relationships work out, because I am neither smart nor generous. True, I am not smart, but as for generosity, I did pay my share most times when I was younger! Nowadays it is the guys I go out with that ask me not to pay! So it is my fault that I cannot find someone? In any case, after being cheated, being emotional, being so soft-hearted and going so much according to my feelings, I tend to be more “heartless” now. Maybe that is why some may say I do not care about things as much as before, but honestly, there are more things in life to care about.

My mum asked me when am I going to grow up? Hmmm.. if growing up to her means getting married and starting a family, then I wish I can do that immediately as well! Can I help it if I am someone unlikeable? It is not like I did not try to find people or try to mix around, but it is not so easy like love at first sight or chemistry at first instance!

Having said that, my first brother recently quit his job. In this time when the market is so uncertain and companies are laying off staff, bosses are under extreme stress to keep the companies going, he chose to quit his job so impulsively just because his boss told him off over something.

Since when is it easy working for people? Which got my mum so riled up, because how can he do something like that at this time, without seeing the bigger picture? And he quit without even securing another job, simply because he cannot stand his boss telling him off! How can anyone be so impulsive?

Not to mention my youngest brother’s medical problem, which is somehow still recurring after his recent hospital stay. So with the family trip we are going to, plus the increase in electricity and groceries, plus the high cost of oil (which may drop, thank goodness!), plus maintaining the entire house…. I really really feel bad for my parents!

I wish I can give them less trouble, but it just happens that everything come at the same time, even when I never meant for anything to happen! So now that I am this age, I really must make it a point to make my parents happy for once, instead of making them worry more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...