Lilypie

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pesky Insurance Agents!

I am in the midst of consolidating finances and trying to see which endowment plans I can take up to maximise the growth. Thus, I recently went under another financial planner whom I met during one of the social events I went to a few months back. Come to think of it, while we exchanged contacts then, I never really thought we would stay in touch, so when he called me I was surprised. Then when I found out what he was doing, I was wary, like anyone else. But he came across as someone sincere and passionate, so I thought why not just give him a chance and help him out?

I must say, he is born to be in this line. No doubt he is just starting out after leaving his previous job, but he can really talk to people. I do not mean talk as in blowing up all the good things and making people feel good about themselves and whatnot, but talk as in able to interact, get along, communicate. In short, I feel a sense of familiarity talking to him, something which I do not feel with most people. Maybe it is a question of chemistry again. Maybe some people can just hit off just like that as compared to others.

In any case, he happens to be in the same company as my other financial planner, so I said I may want to transfer my existing policies to him, because I am getting rather irritated with my other financial planner. She did not use to be so pushy, but recently, she has been irritating me with her pushiness. For instance, she kept asking me to make an appointment with my mum to see her. But my mum already has several policies of her own and in any case, she prefers her own planner.

Yet, my other financial planner just keeps pushing and asking me for my parents' schedule, and that since we are going away, why not fix an appointment this week? She called me on Thursday, but I told her my mum had said she would not be free because she needs to rush her work before she goes off. So my planner asked what about Saturday and Sunday?

Saturday I was not free from the afternoon onwards, and Sunday my parents celebrated my birthday and I had dinner with my friend at night. So she asked what about my parents' schedule on Saturday? I told her every Saturday morning my parents would go visit my grandmother, then they would go marketing and grocery shopping, and also to run some errands since we are going off soon.

She accused me of assuming they are not free without even asking! They are my parents, I live with them, I, of all people, should know their schedules! And I was not assuming, they were really not free on Saturday! She asked what time would I be going out on Saturday, so I said about two, and she said in which case she would pop by my place at eleven.

I was really pissed. So I told her the weekend was not a good time for me. Then she said what about this week? Monday I wanted to treat myself, yesterday I had an appointment with my friend, today I am going for a facial, and tomorrow I am going for a job interview. Friday I am flying off.

So I said I am not free this week. She said in that case, why not postpone my appointment with my friend just to meet her? My friend already asked me a week in advance! What right does she have to just tell me to postpone any appointments to meet her? I got so irritated that I totally blasted at her! I asked her if it was really so urgent that it is absolutely necessary to meet me and my mum? Finally she conceded.

What irks me is she did not use to be like this. I have no idea why she became so pushy and pesky. I know she is doing her job, but for goodness sake, people have their own things and schedules as well, no one has any right to ask anyone to change their schedules just for someone else!

Now I know why people run away from insurance agents. To me, I am fine with these people approaching me. I will give them a chance to hear them out. But I absolutely loathe it if people just keep pushing without any respect to me. Hopefully my friend will not become like this after a while!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...