Lilypie

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

All The Trouble Over A Battery!

I feel really cheated! For some reason, the original rechargeable battery for my digicam spoilt and cannot be recharged. Since I need extra batteries (I already have two) knowing the way I use the camera especially when I am overseas, I decided to purchase another one.

When I bought my digicam three years back, it came with just one original battery. I bought it at the place for inexpensive electronic goods. I decided to buy a spare battery just in case, but at that point in time, the shop did not stock any extra batteries, so I had to go to the Olympus shop further down to purchase a spare battery, which cost me S$60.00.

Last year, before I left for Europe, I thought two batteries might not be enough, thus decided to buy a third battery. From my previous Japan experience, two batteries could last me just three quarters of a day! In the end, I was not able to take in more beautiful sights, which was why I decided to buy a third battery.

I happened to be around the town area, so I went to a shopping mall selling exclusively electronic and digital products for tourists. I stated the brand of my digicam and the sales person told me to get a more upgraded battery, which cost me S$98.00! And it was not as if it is any much better than the original two batteries I already have!

Today, I am going down to the original shop where I purchased the digicam in the first place to get another extra battery to replace the one that is spoilt. However, I was fretting yesterday on whether they still have it in stock since the digicam itself has already been out of the market for so long.

So I called the shop. The person who answered told me there is still stock, and it cost just S$20.00 for a replacement battery! I initially thought it would cost at least S$60.00, which means I can buy two batteries instead of just one! That means I got cheated of S$30.00, and another S$78.00 in total! If I had known, I would have just patronised this shop and not bother about any others!

Now I know why the tourism industry was booming, because shop owners sell their goods at an exorbitant price! Even for a small piece of accessory, I had to dish out almost S$100.00, I wonder how much are they selling the rest of the products? But in that case, why not sell it at a lower price to locals? Or maybe I look like a foreigner in the first place!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...