Lilypie

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hog's Breath Cafe

I met my friend K and his girlfriend for dinner at Hog's Breath last night. We went to the outlet at Holland Village since it is near to both (K and I) our offices. He and his girlfriend are planning a trip to Tasmania so wanted to meet up to ask about my experiences there on my last trip. So I gave him some tips on where to go, what to do, where to stay. We also did some catching up.

The food there is a bit pricey and not much of a variety. I think the outlet at CHIJMES is better. Anyway, I ordered a medium sirloin steak (which is so tough that it seems more rare than medium) with mashed potato and vegetables like carrots and broccoli, and we shared an order of garlic bread. For such a place, the price is quite steep. After all, it is not like it is in the league of Les Amis or even Au Petit Salut!

Normally I would feel a tinge of pain whenever I see couples cozying in front of me. There was nothing improper, but I would feel the yearn to have someone. Yet last night, I was actually surprised at myself that I can be totally indifferent and did not even have any yearning of anything! It is as if I do not even care whether I have someone anymore. Maybe age really does play a part. One gets immune or indifferent after a while, and nothing much can make me emotional anymore.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...