Lilypie

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Attitudes Of Working Professionals

From my observations, there are different kinds of attitudes towards working life. I can categorise them into four groups. The first group are those who are rather lax and easy-going. They are easily satisfied with a normal job and a normal income, doing the same things day in day out for, like, thirty years or so. These are those who are may not have much strive in life.

The second group are those who crave for challenges. Money to them is secondary, as long as they are doing something challenging and exciting. Normally these are those highly motivated ones with a drive to succeed, so they will want something challenging, something that can make them learn as much as possible, then move on to a better and higher-paying job. These are also those who go according to their passions even if they are not that well-paid.

The third group are those who want money. What they work as is secondary. These are those who can be stuck in a dead end job, who may hate their job but they still do it because the lure of money is too much for them. However, these group can only go two ways - either continue being stuck in something they hate and live with it for the income, or join the second group - do something they are passionate about even if they suffer a pay cut.

The fourth group are the ones who have it all. These are the luckiest of the lot. They crave for challenges in their work, and they love their work because of the challenges and learning ground the work provides, and at the same time they are genuinely passionate about what they do and are highly-paid as well. How I wish I am in this group!

Not many people belong to the fourth group. Often than not, most people belong to the second and third groups. There are many who belong to the first group, but after a while, they will find themselves being left behind in the society because they are not willing to upgrade and just remain where they are.

For me, I belong to the first and second groups. I am stuck in a normal job with normal pay, but I crave for more challenges, something that can work my mind and boost my analytical and thinking skills, and not something that any mere being can do. Which is why I welcome a career change. Hopefully I can progress towards the fourth group - be in something challenging and exciting and paid my worth at the same time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...