Lilypie

Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Disastrous Christmas

Christmas Day has come and gone, and I did not get to enjoy it at all, being sick in bed with bad stomach upset and fever after that. I wanted to enjoy Chrismas Day since everyone in my family would be away, and I thought it would be such bliss to have some peace and quiet for once. Alas, when I woke up on Christmas Day, I felt my insides moving, and went to the bathroom, intending to "cleanse out my system".
 
Unfortunately the problem was more serious than I thought, and after going to the bathroom to "cleanse out my system" five times in less than two hours, I felt so drained and weak. I was not in the mood to entertain anyone and just wanted to sleep, which I did for almost the rest of the day. I did not even have any appetite to eat anything, and just lounged around lying in bed.
 
I spent almost the whole day sleeping, and by the time evening came around, I was having a fever. My body was feeling hot and cold at the same time and I was feeling so weak that I could not even pull myself out of bed to go to the bathroom or take a shower. Then I went back to sleep for the whole night.
 
When I woke up the next morning, I was feeling much better. At least the fever was gone, but the stomach problem persisted. I still had diarrhoea. Still, I dragged myself to work but excused myself later on in the day as I was really feeling unwell and needed to rest.
 
Finally I feel much better today, although there still seems to be wind in my stomach, making me feel really bloated. Hopefully this can wear out soon as I do plan to enjoy myself on New Year's Eve!

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

Poor you ... hope you're well and good to celebrate the New Year today.

Happy New Year 2013!

juphelia said...

Thanks, I am well now, and will be looking forward to celebrating tonight. :-)

Happy New Year to you too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...