Lilypie

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Thank God For Friends!

I just finished a Christmas lunch party with my closest girlfriends from school, and their other halves of course. We have been doing this every year since 2009, and we would have gift exchanges to each other and each other's kids.
 
I really want to thank God for blessing my with great friends who have always been nice, generous and supportive, no matter what I do, and the decisions I made. Even though I have cried and whined and grumbled and flared up, they still stick by me, believed in me and listened to me. The saying is true - one does not need to have many friends, just a few who are true to you is enough. I have learnt this through experience, some may claim to be your friends, but they run away and start judging and ostracising the moment you get into trouble or they feel you let them down.
 
True friends do not judge nor ostracise nor run away when you get into trouble. They will stick with you through thick and thin and believe in you even if the whole world think otherwise. They will support and accept you even if they do not approve what you do. These are real friends, and not fair-weather friends.
 
Which is why I always look forward to meeting up with my girlfriends, because the close girlfriends I have are those that are really the epitome of true friends. Even though most have married and have kids, we still remain close and they will still have time for me and care about me. And for sure I will do the same if and ever I get married and have kids of my own too.
 
In this holiday season, the one thing I want to be grateful for besides my family, are my friends, who always place their unwavering faith in me and help me up when I am down. This is something God has really blessed me with beyond my dreams.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...