Lilypie

Monday, December 10, 2012

A Fulfilling Weekend

I had a really fulfilling weekend, one of the most fulfilling weekends for the year. Nowadays every weekend I would either bum around at home, go watch a movie, or have family gatherings. But the weekend that just passed was really great!
 
On Saturday, I helped my mum do something at home in the morning, then went out for a haircut. My hair is now slightly past shoulders, and I feel so much more light-headed already! Then I went for lunch, after which I went to the hospital to see my aunt who fell and had a hip replacement operation. I was not there for long though before she needed to change her dressing and then had a nap, so I did not disturb her.
 
After the trip to the hospital, I went shopping. I bought the makeup kit from Sephora that I was eyeing, as well as some other gifts. Then I went over to Marks and Spencers, but could not find anything nice.
 
After the shopping trip, I went to watch Hotel Transylvania and Silent Hill, the former a rather funny comedy, the latter, not very impressive. By the way, Life of Pi which I watched the previous week was excellent! Somehow Ang Lee managed to make the whole show come to life!
 
On Sunday, I went out again in the morning to catch the matinee of Jersey Boys. After the enjoyable show, I went for evening mass at Novena Church, then dinner, and finally another movie, Back To 1942, an intensive and dramatic war show, featuring Adrien Brody as a war reporter. Ironically, he was a Jewish pianist in another war show ten years back, the role that won him the Best Actor at the Oscars, the youngest ever to win a Best Actor, which incidentally is also one of my favourite shows of all time.
 
Hence it was a really fulfilling weekend! Oh, and one of my very good friends gave birth on Sunday too, but I did not know until today so did not get to see her. But she sent me the picture of the baby, which is so cute and adorable!
 
It was really a happy weekend, and I hope to have more fulfilling weekends like this in the new year ahead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...