Lilypie

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Dating Vouchers, Anyone?

Last week, there was news about government-accredited matchmaking agencies promoting dating vouchers as Christmas promotions. Essentially, we can get dating vouchers at a good price, to be used to offset any social events or packages we like to sign up in any of the accredited agencies. These vouchers can also be given away to others.
 
This creates an uproar. Some people feel it is downright insulting that we have to be offered dating vouchers, especially those who are happy being single and feel it is just the government butting into their business. It is a choice of life afterall, do singles really have to be ostracised and discriminated, and being pointed at for being single?
 
I cannot say for others, but personally, it is never my choice to be single. The earliest dream I have, which I have yet to fulfil, is to marry a nice guy, have a good family, raise up my children, and dedicate my time teaching them the right things. This dream has still not faded. In fact, it is even stronger in me, and no matter how old I am, I still hope against hope this can ever come true.
 
I have also talked to many people I know, and most of them did say they do not want to be single, but just cannot find someone, or rather, even if find someone, the guy can be such a big jerk. Even the men, many of them are not single by choice, but they just feel they cannot find a girl to be with.
 
So with this kind of mentality, is it necessary to shove dating vouchers at their faces, reminding them that it is NOT okay to be single? That something must be wrong with these people, that is why they are still single?
 
The female friends I know are smart, established, mature and have beautiful souls. They are also well-maintained and eloquent. These are all very good qualities. Unfortunately, these ladies often meet shallow men who are turned off by their intelligence and success.
 
The male friends I know are also smart, established, high-flying jobs and are gentlemanly. They are sociable and cheery. Again, these are all very good qualities. Unfortunately, these men often meet ladies who have no romantic chemistry whatsoever with themselves.
 
So is it really so hard to find someone suitable that our government has to resort to dating vouchers to encourage people to date? And many people I know do go for dating packages and social events, me included, but somehow nothing ever progresses out of there. Does the number of dating vouchers and price really help then?
 
From what I have learnt, sometimes the harder you try, the worst things become. It is like Murphy's Law, you will never meet someone if you keep expecting to meet someone. Rather, the right person can come anytime, anywhere, anyhow, at the most unexpected times. I have seen this myself in several examples, from my friends to my own cousins, where they met their other halves so unexpectedly that it was really a fairytale story that every girl dreams about.
 
So there is still hope out there. Most important is to always hold on to the hope and never lose hope. I am sure each and everyone of us can find someone wherever and whenever, but we just have to open our hearts and accept whoever God or destiny arranges for us and make things work out instead of being picky and perfect.
 
Here's wishing everyone best of luck for finding their one true love!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post, thx! But I want to learn tao system..

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...