Lilypie

Friday, December 7, 2012

Hooked On Games ...

After a period of time where I had nothing much to do since I am not as busy with work as before and my semester has ended, I was wondering what to do with my time, and discovered some interesting games on my smartphone.
 
I am not one who likes to play games, especially violent games. I prefer educational games, as in games that help improve my knowledge and vocabulary at the same time. My favourite games are still word games like Scrabble, Boggle and Hangman, as well as strategy games like Risk and Cluedo.
 
Recently I found out that there are many games that can be downloaded on smartphones. Some of the games are exclusively only for iPhones, but there are many that can be used on any smartphone. I went to search around and found my favourite type of games - the adventure / strategy kinds. I like these because they help exercise my mind, train my observation skills and enable me to have a sharper eye.
 
However, these games are not free. The trial is free, where I was allowed to play a few stages. And if I shared my "achievements" on facebook, I can play another stage for free. But that was it. If I want the full game, I would then need to pay, and I am not for the idea of paying for something like this even though it is a very low price for a lifetime game. What if I need to change phone in the near future? Do I then need to pay again if I find the same game?
 
Hence I will just have to finish playing, delete, re-download, and start playing the same thing again and again. Until the time comes when I absolutely cannot live without the games, otherwise this will just have to be repeated again and again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...