Lilypie

Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Safari Spa?

Since I had the day off yesterday, I booked myself a spa session after coming back from Redang. I bought this voucher from Groupon some time back, and thought yesterday would be the perfect time to go for the session since I would probably be aching all over (and I was!).
 
The deal is really good. For the cost of S$45.00, the three-hour spa package includes a sauna, rainforest shower, full body massage, facial and foot spa. The original price was S$435.00. Is this a fantastic deal or what?
 
The only drawback is that the place is very far off. It is on the western end of the island, where I have to take a train to the last stop and then another bus ride in. Since I was so tired, I could not be bothered and just took a cab down.
 
The spa itself has a unique theme. It is a safari-themed spa, with the interior designed like an African jungle, and lots of tents around where the massage would take place. There are also posters of animals and lots of statues of African tribes and animals. Unique, and cosy too!
 
Since I was not allowed to take pictures, I had to snap these in discreet. A pity I was not able to snap a picture of the nice-looking tents!
 
Sign showing where the spa is

 Entrance of the spa
 

 The safari theme waiting room
 
These cubicles are for foot spas. Can you see the tent on the right side?
 
When I went in to register, I was brought to the bathroom, where I started on the sauna and then shower. The sauna was really good, but I think the shower water is too hot. Normally one takes a cold shower after a sauna, so I have no idea why the water is so hot.
 
After that, I went for my massage. The massage was really good. The masseure did my back first, rubbing it thoroughly, and the nape of my neck, then went on to the back of my legs, and my shoulders. Then she asked me to turn around and started massaging my tummy, arms, fingers, front part of my legs, even the toes and the head! It was really a full body thorough massage!
 
Next was the facial. The facial was good as I find my face brighter, but for this facial, no fauze was used to apply the mask. Instead, a thick cream was applied on my face, then the cream was dried up and torn off, with the remnants washed off. But it made my face really smooth.
 
The final part was the foot spa. I was brought to one of the cubicles and had my feet soaked in hot water. The lady told me that once the water was cooled, I could use the towel in front to wipe my legs, and the whole session was then over. I was also given a bowl of bird's nest dessert too!
 
All in all, I would say this is a very good spa session, in conducive surroundings. However, I would not sign up for a package because if not for the voucher, the price is really steep. Furthermore, the place is so far away from my home and office, so unless I find another too-hard-to-resist deal, otherwise this one experience is good enough.
 
By the way, another positive thing about this spa is that the staff is not hard-selling. I was not even asked to buy the package. I was just told if I ever want to go back again, just give them a call and they would then recommend me whichever package I wanted. Now that is a good thing indeed, and one of those techniques that make customers come back!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...