Lilypie

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hair Scalp Therapy Session

I went to Beijing 101 for the Premium Package that I bought via Groupon after work today. All I can say is even though I am satisfied with the treatment and my hair feels much softer and thicker, I am disappointed with the attitude of the staff.
 
The premium package I bought was supposed to consist of five herbal scalp treatments, one hair scalp analysis, one acupressure scalp massage, one anti-hair loss ampoule, and one complimentary bottle of shampoo of fifty millilitres.
 
From the way the package is described, I would think I need to go for at least five sessions. But when I arrived, the staff told me it is only one session, with all the items inclusive. So I sat down for a scalp analysis and was told that I am prone to dandruff (which I already know) and that even though my ends are dry, my roots are oily (which I have always suspected). Hence my hair is thinning because the sebum coagulates at the roots, making the new hair unable to grow.
 
After the consultation, I was brought into the treatment area which looks like any normal hair salon, with the chairs and desks and mirrors and hair dryers. First, she applied the ampoule on my hair. After that she asked me to go to the sink and washed my hair, massaging my scalp at the same time. Then I was brought back to my chair and she applied another treatment to my hair, finishing up with a UV treatment and a final blow drying of my hair.
 
All in all, I counted the scalp analysis, acupressure scalp massage, ampoule and three treatments. What happened to the other two? Furthermore, she did not give me the complementary bottle of shampoo. Or maybe she did, but used it on my hair to wash it while giving me the scalp massage.
 
At the end of the session, I sat down with her again and she went through my scalp. This time round, I could see the sebum and dandruff almost gone. Amazing! But the irritating part was that she started hard-selling me the package. She told me one treatment would not be enough and in order to have healthy hair, I should sign up for the package.
 
I told her straight that I was only there to have a trial, and I would be unable to commit to a package right now, due to finances and time constraint. She then saw my Kate Spade and said, if I can afford this kind of bag, she does not see why I could not afford the treatment.
 
That really riled me! Who is she to tell me what to spend on? It is my hard-earned money after all, who is she to interfere how I want to spend it? So what if I decide to reward myself by buying nice bags once in a while? Does it matter to anyone?
 
I firmly rejected all her offers. She said even if I did not want to sign up for the package, perhaps I should get the ampoule to continue the treatment at home? I rejected her again. In the end she had no alternative but to say a polite thank you and see me off.
 
Would I sign up for a package in the future? Perhaps. One thing I like is that the scalp massage feels really good. And I was told I need to shampoo and condition my hair everyday because my hair is exposed to dust, sweat and whatnot everyday. Hmmm... and I thought I was told we are not to wash our hair everyday to prevent the hair extracts being too worn out? Looks like this bit of information is really contradictory!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...