Lilypie

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Our Own Movie World

I went to Universal Studios yesterday, as a friend had corporate tickets. It was the second time (third time actually if counting the night visit once) I was there, and there have been several changes.

First, the Broadway street has been altered a little to cater to the Sesame Street characters. Second, the Transformers ride is now functioning, so there is a yellow car on display. Other than that, there are no other changes to the place.


Entrance of Universal Studios

Once we entered Universal Studios, we were in New York's Broadway, and a Hollywood sign above the entrance. After passing by the whole Broadway, we went to the first ride - Madagascar, but did not go in. Instead, we went straight on to Far Far Away.

 Hollywood sign above the entrance
 
 New York Broadway
 


 Recognise this? Shrek's house, or rather, Shrek's dungeon.
 

 Princess Fiona's castle which I love, although I love the Cinderella castle in Walt Disney better.
 


 
After coming out from Far Far Away, we decided to go to Waterworld to see how the good and evil tribes battle for the knowledge and ground of dry land, with the help of the mariner. The details can be found here. Since Waterworld is next to Jurassic Park, we decided to go to Jurassic Park next to take the Canopy Ride. On the way, we saw a dinosaur, and several ones too.



It was a long queue for the Canopy Ride. Apparently there is a queue for all the rides, so we had to wait around half an hour to forty-five minutes to get the ride. On the wall of the Jurassic Park Canopy Ride, we saw an insect embedded in a rock.

 
After finishing the Canopy Ride, I was famished so we went to the food court which is next to Jurassic Park for lunch. 
 
 This dinosaur is in front of the entrance to the food court
 

Interior of the food court
 
Since it was lunch time, the food court was very crowded. I had to queue and wait for another half an hour before I could get my food. And the food was expensive, a rice set with meat and vegetables and a drink cost me S$11.50! Absolute daylight robbery! Furthermore, the food was not that fantastic in the first place, just a normal tasting dish. What to do, since this place is a tourist attraction, hence everything is pricey?
 
After eating, we decided to take the new Transformers Simulation Ride. That is my favourite of all! The simulation ride makes us enter into the battle of the Autobots and Decepticons, and real effects were being simulated. I thoroughly enjoyed that and would really love to take that again!
 
 Bumblebee car
 








 
After the Transformers Simulation Ride, we decided to try out the Mummy Underground Rollercoaster. For me, I have been on the rollercoaster twice, and my friends wanted to try it out to prepare them for the Battlestar Galactica Rollercoaster later on. When we reached the Mummy Rollercoaster, we had to put our things in a locker before entering as we were not allowed to bring anything inside.
 






 
After the exciting Mummy Underground Rollercoaster ride, my friends wanted to try the Battlestar Galatica Rollercoaster. Unfortunately, at that point in time, the rollercoaster was closed for a while due to thunder. So we decided to wander around Broadway and take the slow Madagascar Boat Ride.
 
Along the way, we passed by a subway, brownstones, a police car, even Sesame Street themed shops, and Oscar statuettes!
 


 Me want Cookie too!
 




 
After the slow Madagascar boat ride, my friend enquired if the Battlestar Galactica was up again, and it was! So they went on the ride. First they tried the red rollercoaster, then tried the more challenging blue rollercoaster. Me? I did not have the guts, so I just sat around waiting for them. :-P
 
After their rides, I had to go so bade them farewell while they continued with the other rides. But actually we have already gone on the best the theme park has to offer. On my way back, I happened to see the Sesame Street show outside City Hall, and took a few pictures of my favourite characters!
 
 Big Bird and Elmo
 
 Cookie Monster and Grover (I can never remember the pink girl's name)
 
 Ernie and Bert
 
 Elmo, Cookie Monster and Grover
 
The girl with the forgotten name
 
And thus concludes my day trip to Universal Studios!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...