Lilypie

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Great Adventure Deals!

I am getting so obsessed with Groupon that I have to stop looking at the fantastic deals! What to do, since the prices there are so low that your eyes literally pop out when you see them! Nevertheless, I bought some more great deals which will make my life more "colourful".
 
After many months of literally doing nothing during the weekends (save for the movies I watched), I thought I wanted to be more adventurous this year and do some exploring. Just as well that Groupon has recently come up with lots of deals for day trips and getaways, so I bought all those that are going at very good prices!
 
After the bird trip, there will be visits to the newly renovated Underwater World as well as the new oceanarium. Why there are two aquariums in close proximity on the same island, I really cannot fathom, but I just hope with two competitors, the massive aquariums will only be better.
 
The voucher for the Underwater World also entitles a trip to Gardens By The Bay, since the voucher was put up by the same vendor. Ever since this massive garden opened, I have not been there, so I hope to go and see what the hype that is all about!
 
After that there is also a visit to Universal Studios. Okay, this is not from Groupon, but a friend managed to get it from her company and we will be going soon before the vouchers expire in April. I have been to Universal Studios twice, once at night where there is nothing much to see, and another time during a Family Day with my previous company, but it was crowded so we did not manage to take a lot of rides. Hopefully this time I can take more rides and explore the place more thoroughly.
 
I also bought a package for a stay in a resort in Johor Bahru, together with a day trip to Legoland, as well as a day trip to Hello Kitty Town with return transfers, together with a dinner thrown in. These deals are going for a steal, if the Groupon voucher is still available.
 
The one thing that I feel is most adventurous and most worth it, will be a diving package I bought. The amount of S$299.00 covers a theory class, an open water class, plus a weekend diving trip to Tioman with accommodation, land transfers, return ferries, and diving packages thrown in. At the end of it all, we will be able to get our Open Water certification. That is why I think this amount is very good because a similar course will cost S$600.00 to S$700.00 at least.
 
Hopefully with all these adventures, this year will be much more fulfilling than last year!

2 comments:

JC said...

The Oceanarium aka the Marine Life Park is different from Underwater World. There are more species. It takes about 2 hours to complete the whole place.

juphelia said...

Really? Will see it for myself then when I go there.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...