Lilypie

Friday, March 1, 2013

"Classic" Book Sale!

I went for a book sale during lunch earlier. I did not expect to get anything because in my experience, most of the time in those book sales, I can never find any good books, or find any books that I do not already have. Still, I went to take a look just in case.
 
Luckily I did because I found some "treasure"! I bought four original unabridged "olde" editions of Wilkie Collins' "Moonstone", the two-in-one Robert Louis Stevenson's "Treasure Island" and "Kidnapped", two-in-one H G Wells' "War of the Worlds" and "The Time Machine", as well as Emily Bronte "Wuthering Heights", all for S$20.00! What a bargain!
 
And these books are in good condition! I am really pleased with the purchase of "Moonstone" because it is hard to find this book nowadays. Most bookstores only stock Wilkie Collins' more famous "Woman In White".
 
Here are the books I bought :
 

 Front and back of Wilkie Collins' "Moonstone"
 

 Front and back of Robert Louis Stevenson's "Treasure Island" and "Kidnapped"
 

 Front and back of H G Wells' "War of the Worlds" and "The Time Machine"
 

Front and back of Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights"
 
There is another one which is reddish cover, Charles Dicken's "Oliver Twist". But since if I buy four I can get a discount, whereas if I buy five, the remaining one will be extra, I decided to just buy four of the books I wanted the most.
 
I hope there will be more book sales around so I can find more "treasure" again!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...