Lilypie

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Image Of Success?

This sounds to be another narcissistic post. I seem to be focusing a lot on myself lately. It is me against the world, as always. People may wonder why am I always rambling on about myself and my own vanity? Why not rave about intelligent world news?
 
Good point actually. But then world news is public, whereas personal news, well, not so public. Whatever I want to say about any current affairs, people would have already said, and many a times, they have much stronger opinions than me on those issues. So what is one more or less opinion, when all are the same anyway?
 
Hence I chose to rave about myself. Whatever I do is not news of course, but at least to me, it is an avenue to let out what I feel. Whether people read or not or appreciate or not, that does not really matter to me.
 
Of course, I do know that as long as the information is shared on the internet, it is no longer private. Which is why many a time, especially in this internet rampant age where whatever people do are being scrutinised with millions of eyes, one must be especially careful on what to disclose and what not to disclose.
 
That is why I can only disclose about myself, because I do not mind sharing, well, some aspects of my life and ongoings, no matter how trivial and boring my existence is. It is not polite nor appropriate to disclose others' affairs, hence I refrain from talking about others, be it my family, loved ones, friends, co-workers and so on, although during times of frustration and bewilderment, I do start raving and ranting on just to let off steam.
 
Two months into the new year, what exactly have I achieved? Nothing extraordinary I guess, as usual. Actually I wanted to get a lot of things done by 2010, but turned out nothing was done. Maybe if I should have pushed more, or done more, or made more effort. But whatever it is, many things are beyond my control.
 
The only thing I can control is myself, and how I do things. External factors are beyond me. So for now, I just want to improve my own self-image. Image is important, especially for self-confidence and impression. You never know when you will get noticed to do better things.
 
In order to do that, first off, I went to do a wardrobe overhaul. I got rid of some old clothes, and bought some new ones. While clearing stuff, I realise that actually my dressing style and taste is a lot like Princess Kate - we both like straight, simple cuts that look classic yet elegant. I do not like clothes with lots of prints and patterns. The other kind of style I like is flowy dress or skirt, where one can wear anywhere be it on a casual date or on the beach or on vacation.
 
The next thing is an image overhaul. With the new masks I bought, coupled with my existing skincare routine and some new makeup, I think I can make myself look years younger. Not to mention the hair stylers I have, that can give me wavy, curly, straight, sleek or even crimpy hair!
 
Vanity calls. But only with vanity that one can look good, and when one looks good, somehow their lives will be better? I do not know if there is any basis in that theory, but so far those people who are pretty successful are those who not only have a positive image, but they look very good for their ages too!
 
After all, I cannot keep griping that I am not successful if I do not wish to take the first step right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...