Lilypie

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Getting Rid Of My "Worst Enemy"

A girl's worst enemy is not men, or scummy men at that. Rather, a girl's worst enemy is the little orangy peel skin known as celluloid, that is very prominent on her tummy, upper thighs and bum area. For someone like me who is dangerously pear-shaped inherited from my mother and grandmother and possibly all the ancestors above them, I do not have a choice how my figure is like. Hence, it is no use griping about how others can have naturally slender figures or how naturally curvy figures others have.
 
The only thing I can do is to prevent this as much as possible. When I was younger, in my teenage years and even in my twenties, my figure was, well, not perfect, but at least shapely. However, ever since I approached my late twenties, I found out that no matter what I eat or how little I eat, suddenly I have become much more bottom heavy.
 
Few years back, my mum, in a bid to help me lose weight, bought me a slimming package. The package is good because it did help me shed off unnecessary weight, but when I finished the sessions in the package, I found that I gained weight even more easily by then.
 
And I refuse to give up eating. Food is just too good and tasty to give up. I admit I do not have the discipline like other people to give up eating and just survive on "rabbit food". I will have no strength and energy to go through the rest of the time.
 
My dad also helped by giving me diet drinks where the drink can be a meal replacement. But I find that not very effective, because unless we really stop eating breakfast and dinner and just drink the meal replacement for lunch, otherwise it is also hard to shed off the weight.
 
I have also tried slimming creams from established brands. Besides giving my skin an overall sticky feeling and making me feel really hungry, those do not really help much too. So what can I do?
 
Recently I came across a body massager via Groupon. After hesitating, I decided to buy it to try out. After all the price is marked down by a lot from the original, and I can use that to speed up my weight loss process, so besides meal replacements, slimming creams and cutting down on food, I can use the body massager to rub on the problematic areas to increase lymphatic flow and hopefully help me slim down once and for all.
 
The body massager just arrived today. It is a round equipment with bristles and a handle to massage the problematic areas of your body. It is to be used during shower. I have not started using that yet though but will do so soon.
 
I sincerely hope that this can work, otherwise there is no other alternative but to accept that my figure has since been distorted, and I cannot do much about it anymore!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...