Lilypie

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

South African Magnets

My youngest brother is back for vacation, and he spent some time doing volunteer work in South Africa, as well as travelling around that region. I asked him to bring back some South African magnets. He did not buy a lot, and my aunt in Australia had the first pick because she had been taking care of us so much.
 
So he gave me whatever was leftovers, plus some others which he wanted to bring back to his friends. I managed to get two magnets, one that is of a caricarture of Nelson Mandela, and another one of a lion head, that is one of the Big Four, or is it Big Five, or South Africa.

Mr Mandela himself

The Lion Head
 
Incidentally, South Africa is one country I have always wanted to go to. I was supposed to make a trip there with some friends a few years back, but then I changed job so could not take so many day offs, hence missed the trip. I hope to be able to make a trip there sometime soon, to see the Table Mountain, Cape of Good Hope, Robben Island, swimming with the sharks, Kruger Safari and Victoria Falls with my own eyes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...