Lilypie

Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Polite And Nice Cabbie To End My Tired Day

This has been a really tiring day, not to mention my mobile shut down on my way home and I could not call out. I took a cab because I had to detour to run some errands before going home. So I told the cabbie I wanted to go to two places, and he was pretty obliging.
 
When I got to my first destination, my mobile phone ran out of battery. I had to borrow the cabbie's phone and called people before finally being able to collect my things. The cabbie had to wait about five minutes together with me. Then I directed him back to my place.
 
It was the evening rush hour, traffic was slowed to a crawl, and there were peak hour charges, not to mention the electronic road pricing and the distance covered. So my final bill came up quite hefty. I think this must be the most expensive cab fare I ever forked out! But about half the fare came from the peak hour charges and the electronic road pricing, the actual fare was not that much considering I had to go two places.
 
All these while, the cabbie had been very nice and patient. He let me use his phone to call out, even though I called two people to find out the exact destination. Then he waited patiently together with me. After that when he drove me home, he did not even charge me extra fare, nor did he grumble. I apologised about making him go so many places and making him wait, and he said, "No worries, I should thank you instead for giving me so much business! If not for you, I would probably have stayed waiting somewhere else."
 
Now is that not just nice? Other cabbies would grumble about the trouble, or refused to take me more than one place, or refused to wait longer. Some cabbies would refuse to even lend me his phone, claiming he did not have a phone, but I could later hear his phone ringing while he was driving!
 
It is a good end to an otherwise tiring day! I wish more cabbies would make my day like that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...