Lilypie

Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Valentine's Day (Extended) Gathering

Today is Valentine's Day, and we have an extended family gathering as part of the new year reunion. Every Lunar New Year it is about reunions. First there was the visiting on the first day, breakfast at my grandma's place, then lunch at my aunt's place, there would be the dinner for my dad's side on the second day.
 
Yesterday there was a dinner for my mum's side. Today, we have another extended family gathering on my mum's side. Most of my cousins are now away as they either work overseas or married and moved overseas, and this year they happen to be back for the new year, so we all took the opportunity to meet up.
 
It is another good gathering, although with everyone growing up and getting on in their lives, it is getting harder to meet everyone at the same time. Still, my family makes it a point to meet up once in a while, especially when everyone is back here, so we can catch up and talk at the same time. I hope all these would continue even as our parents get on in years and we children take care of them and let them gather once in a while too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...