Lilypie

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Under The Sea ...

Since we have a long weekend due to the Good Friday and Easter holidays, I decided to explore the new oceanarium and the newly renovated Underwater World yesterday. I set off around eleven in the morning, and by the time I reached there, it was past noon.
 
The oceanarium, aka S.E.A Aquarium, is situated in the Maritime Experiential Museum at Resorts World. We had to enter by the same entrance as the museum, before joining another long queue to the aquarium.
 
Trust me, the queue is long indeed. I had to wait half an hour to enter the aquarium itself. Because we had to go through the stretch of the Maritime Museum, I managed to see some of the things on display, namely Chinese junks and the convoy led by Admiral Cheng Ho during his sea voyages to Southeast Asia.

 Sign at the entrance outside
 
 Models of pirates just inside the Maritime Museum
 


 Admiral Cheng Ho and some of the pirate hunters
 


Whilst in the queue, I saw displays of some cargo the ships had, like live animals, spices and even two giraffes, and some unique clocks just outside the entrance of the aquarium.



 I like these clocks!
 
Entrance to the aquarium
 
Inside the aquarium is a different world altogether. The variety of fish and marine life on display is absoutely astounding! I will really highly recommend anyone to visit this place as the display really captivates me! For a more detailed post, please refer to this.
 
I spent around two hours in the aquarium, after that I went on to the Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon. Initially I thought of exploring the Underwater World first before going to the Dolphin Lagoon, but I was told by the entrance staff that the dolphin show was starting, so I decided to go to the Dolphin Lagoon first.
 
To get to the Dolphin Lagoon, one must first enter the Underwater World, go straight and turn left to a small lane, before reaching the covered marquee that serves as the spectator stand and pool for the dolphins. Even though it was another half an hour to the dolphin show, the place was already almost full. Along the way to the stand, I came across cute otters.
 
 Entrance to the Dolphin Lagoon
 

 The little cute otters
 
 
The dolphin and sealion show was entertaining and spectacular, which you can read about here. After the show, I went back to the Underwater World, which I find it a big disappointment. Or rather, it is really a big disappointment as compared to the SEA Aquarium. My adventure can be found here.
 
After the whole day adventuring under the sea, I was so hungry that I decided to go to Chili's for dinner, which I have reviewed here. It was a really great day exploring under the sea, complete with a full dinner. Hopefully I have more great days like this!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...