Lilypie

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The "Longest" Mascara

I have been a fan of Maybelline cosmetics ever since they came up with the ultra moisturising glossy lipstick range Watershine, which has since been retired. I was in my late teens or early twenties then, and still an undergraduate. That was the time when I first discovered cosmetics and started being more vain and tried out different cosmetic brands. But Maybelline Watershine lipsticks won hands down because the colour not only looked nice, my lips were so moisturised and glossy after application. Since then, I have mostly preferred Maybelline lipsticks. My favourite colour then was the Watershine lipstick in Ginger Iced Tea.
 
Later on I realised that Maybelline started out with mascaras first. Mascara is another beauty product that is considered staple for me. Besides lipsticks and glosses, the other thing I like is mascara, because mascara simply makes a difference to one's eyes and how one looks. The very first modern mascara that Maybelline came out with, and is still one of the most popular ones around, is the Great Lash Mascara that comes in that little cute pink tube with the green cover.


Unfortunately, by the time I started buying mascaras, for some reason, this brand stopped selling here. Before I started taking an interest in makeup, I could still see this mascara in stores, but after that, it stopped selling. I wonder why, but then because there have been other mascaras by Maybelline, hence I thought perhaps it was just being phased out.
 
Later on, I realise that this mascara is still very popular around the world, but for some reason, it has stopped selling here. When I go overseas, like Malaysia and Australia, I still see this mascara around being sold in stores. Unfortunately, I did not get to buy when I saw them for whatever reason.
 
Hence I thought I have to wait for another overseas trip before I can start sourcing for this mascara. Recently I realise that I can buy this online. So I bought a total of four tubes so they can last longer. And it arrived yesterday! The tube looks just as cute as I thought!
 
I have not tried out yet though, but I believe the mascara is just as good as everyone has been saying. Afterall, this is probably the longest lasting (in the market) mascara in the world! It has been around for around forty years! It cannot be that popular even now if it is not good right? I cannot wait to try it out now! Luscious lashes, here I come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...