Lilypie

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Black Smoke, Black Smoke, White Smoke

This new millennium has certainly been a century of changes. We have the first African-American President, who is currently serving his second term. We have the first Pope to step down in six hundred years. And now, we have the first Latin American Pope, and a Jesuit at that.
 
The new Pope is probably sparking off controversy. For me, I just embraced the news. It does not really matter who the new Pope is going to be, because personally I do not find myself that affected by whatever changes the church is going to have. I just feel this news is so timely because Emeritus Pope can finally retire back to his own hometown, and the new Pope will start off with the Good Friday and Easter festivities.
 
Sometimes I think God really knows. This year, the World Youth Day is going to be in Brazil. And now our new Pope is an Argentinian. Is that not just so timely? World Youth Day in Latin America with a Latin American Pope. How appropriate.
 
Here's wishing Pope Francis I all the best in his tenure! Hopefully I get to go Vatican and see him one day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...