Lilypie

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Astons - The Prime Place For Steaks

A few months back, I was at Astons Prime and ate a mean cut of beef. A few weeks back, I was at Astons Specialities for dinner, and I ate fish. Now, it is not a place for fish, but I was not that hungry for beef, so I ate fish instead. Still, the food is good.

Ambience wise, of course Astons Prime is better. After Astons Prime, I have wanted to try Astons Specialities for ages, ever since my friend told me about it. Astons Prime is the upmarket restaurant, whereas Astons Specialities is for the general public - heartlanders, students, people who are not as affluent as others.

My friend and I were at the outlet at Cathay. The first time I wanted to go there, the queue was so long that I had to change the venue. The thing is that the place does not take in reservations, so it is on a first-come-first-serve basis. With the place being a favourite haunt for students and movie crowd alike, the restaurant is always crowded.

Furthermore, when my friend reached earlier and went to queue, he had to call me and ask what I would like, since the waitress was taking orders for those who were queuing up in order to save time. Hmmm... good idea! But it would be easier if the table was reserved, is it not?

Still, when I reached there, I could sit down immediately thanks to my friend! The orders were already taken, but the waiter waited until I arrived before he served. How nice of them! The food was not too bad, but the ambience is not as good as its more upmarket sister restaurant. It is a small outlet, which explains why the queue is always so long!

By the time we finished our dinner, the queue still had not subsided. It was still a long queue outside the restaurant! I think the waiter was glad we went off when we did so he could free up our table for others. I think the outlet recently opened a stall called Aston's Express at a coffeeshop near my place, one of these days I must go check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...