Lilypie

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Miso Steamboat Feast

The lunch gathering at my best friend's place two Saturdays ago was great! To cater to a group of five to six people, she made steamboat. She bought all the ingredients the day before, then poured the ingredients for miso soup into water, and started boiling it using the steamboat boiler. The end product was perfect! The soup was really delicious - not too salty, not too sweet, just right!

There was also rice, sweet sauce, soy sauce, mushrooms, cabbages, carrots, beef, pork, chicken. What a feast! My best friend did all these single handedly on her own! If anyone could, she definitely could. In fact, long before I started taking a real interest in cooking, she would teach me how to cook. I would go visit her at her (old) place and she would cook for me while I observed. We also baked a cheesecake together.

We sat down for lunch reminiscing about old days, and catching up on what we have been up to. Ever since she married, it had been hard to meet up with her lately, although we still talk to each other occasionally. Besides settling down to domestic life, she has been busy with her job too. She is one person I really look up to, one of the few women I aspire to be, and I hope to achieve that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...