Lilypie

Friday, July 31, 2009

Of Wishy Washy Men ....

Is it because I am too authoritative, too fierce, or having too high expectations, or is it really that guys are just wishy washy and totally unreliable? Like the classic example where a guy can say he is interested in you, but after just a month or so and a few dates, suddenly gets distant and totally stops contacting you. If you are not interested, then do not say you are and mislead others!

But this trait is not just on relationships. In fact, in a lot of things they do, they are unreliable. For instance, a guy may say want to do this, but in the end never gets anything done, and then someone else has to do it for him. If he is not confident he can do it, then do not make empty promises in the first place only to disappoint others when things are not done!

Granted there may be exigencies, granted there may be changes in the interim, but in any case, please communicate! I get really irritated when guys promise things then suddenly go incommunicado and I have to “clean up the mess” so to speak. If in the end I end up doing everything, then I may as well just do it in the first place rather than relying on someone else only to create more work for myself!

Am I asking for too much if I expect others to keep their word and communicate, instead of making empty promises only to disappear in the end? Am I being unrealistic by asking for basic reliability and dependability? I also get really irritated with those who have to be spoon-fed every step of the way! If the person is a kid I do not mind, but if the person is an adult who has been working for several years, then he / she should have the maturity to be resourceful and find answers instead of asking and expecting answers to come forth.

What really riles me is even after guiding the person along, the same person still asks the same question, albeit in another way. Arrrrggghhh!!! I have patience with primary school kids, but if you are an adult, you ought to have enough common sense on what to do, need not even ask anyone! I have not asked anyone anything for a very long time, I rely on my own senses to find answers!

Alright, I should not use my standards to have the same imposition on others, but sometimes seeing someone who is about my age or older acting in such an immature way really makes me worried. I wonder if guys my age or older are behaving like this, then what hope is there left for ladies my age?

No wonder there are so many ladies in their twenties who are still innocent in the ways of the world can get attached to guys in their thirties because their job stability attracts them, but older ladies are not able to. At least those who have gone through a bit of life experiences are not able to, as these guys will then be too naïve for them. Woe betide us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...