Lilypie

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

O By Damien Rice

Remember some time back I was looking for a song? Mr “Wolf” has kindly provided me with the title, singer and lyrics, thank you very much! So I did a search and realize it is the song in the movie “Closer”, but of course when I was watching the movie then, it did not register.

In any case, I was looking for the song, and found it in Damien Rice’s album O. Which makes me wonder, why have I never noticed this guy until now? He has a fantastic voice, he plays several instruments (including some of his tracks), and he writes all his songs! What a talent! I wanted to upload the entire song here, but for some reason, the video upload kept failing. :-( In any case, the MTVs are on top, so feel free to click on any video streams to hear the song!

His songs are all nice and soothing. Furthermore, his album cover and the little booklet that comes with it are all illustrated. His songs are recorded in a trailer on his own, together with his band of musicians and backup singers. The album indicates ten songs, but he has two hidden tracks in there too.

I am not about to switch my musical taste, but in my opinion, Damien Rice is great! At least he is one of the modern soloists who have a great voice, coupled with great lyrics and a soulful tune. In an era where hip hop and disco rock takes over ballads and country, it is rare to find someone who can carry out soulful tunes. Thus this is one guy to look out for!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...