Lilypie

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just What Have I Been Doing Wrong?!

Ever since 2002 when I went to Sydney to attend my cousin’s wedding, a cousin from my maternal side has gotten married every year. The cousins on my paternal side are all much older than me, so they have gotten married years ago. Recently I heard that at the end of this year, another cousin is getting married. She a high-flier in a global investment company, from gifted education, has a Masters degree from Harvard University. Definitely she is smarter, more capable, from a much wealthier and established background, and definitely more sassy than me.

My other cousin’s Sydney's boyfriend is also looking around for homes in both Sydney and here. So I guess it will be another couple with impending wedding bells. I also heard that even my most flamboyant male cousin, who has sworn to be single, is also now happily attached. Which means every one around my age range and younger is either attached or going to be married.

My cousins, especially the female ones, are all so much more educated, capable, smarter and talented than me. If men told me they get threatened by me because they think I am too capable, assertive and smart (which I am definitely not), then what about my cousins? They are all better than me in every aspect, so how come they are able to get attached and men do not get threatened by them?

I am not begrudging them. I am very happy for them. Truly happy. But it leaves me as the only female cousin left who is still unattached on both my paternal and maternal side. Why is it I can never have a smooth-sailing love life? The men I have met were either two-timing cheats, self-centred mummies' boys, egotistical male chauvinists, picky and calculative wimps. Even the better quality decent nice guys only take me as just a friend. Just exactly what have I been doing wrong? I really cannot fathom it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...