Lilypie

Monday, July 20, 2009

Just A Quick Update ....

So I am back! Starting over again, I am grateful to friends, old and new, for their support all these while. There comes a time where I must think about continuation. I first started this blog for ravings and rantings, but since my life has been pretty normal of late, at times I wonder if people will be interested in my somewhat mundane life. Still, I want somewhere to write, and it does not matter how others view me because I just want to write. Hence, this stays, for now.

Thought it is time for a new look to mark a new chapter. I am rather proud of myself that I can manage to find something nice and quaint, yet do not totally depend on a cut and paste code template. So what do you think? Nice design? Not by me though, if only I can do such nice things, I can set up my own design business already! :-p

In a way, it is a new chapter for me, because the first half of the year, particularly the second quarter, have been rather bouncy. I changed a job, I got more involved in religion, I started sorting out my own (and men's) minds, and now, I am totally living my own life, shorn of indecisive men. There can be nothing better than one's own self worth and happiness!

A slight update for what I have been up to : My supervisor finally came back from his honeymoon on twenty-fourth of June. I succumbed to flu on the twenty-fifth of June, and with the swine flu virus going around, I was "quarantined" for two days. Work had been piling up for the past month and I have been busy with teleconferencing the past week. The CHOICE June weekend was cancelled by the Archbishop's orders due to the virus.

My youngest brother came back from Canberra for three weeks. Since he will not be back again until December, I took the afternoon off on Friday to bring him to eat his favourite food, went shopping, changed currency and kept him company until we saw him off at the airport.

I watched Transformers, twice. I watched Duplicity (a very good show!), Ice Age 3 and Harry Potter. Initially thought Public Enemies was showing on 9 July and was so looking forward to it, but due to delay in the rating of the show, it was postponed to 23 July, hence I will be watching it this weekend.

I had dinner at Astons Specialities, Picotin (a very nice place by the way), Tapas (a Mexican restaurant), as well as drinks at Brewerks. I had a lunch gathering at my best friend's home. I mourned Michael Jackson's demise, and got caught in the shopping malls, restaurants and cinemas playing all his songs.

I went to Butter Factory to participate in a fund-raising for the blind. I changed two phones (long story). I adopted a long overdue confirmation name, so now I have three names, crazy as it may sound. I went for Novena, Prayer Meets and CHOICE Story-telling sessions. I am finally singing again for the choir at my parish church. Hopefully it will be long-term this time round!

What else have I been doing with my time? I started reading again. I have always been reading, but I started intensive reading again. I started listening to music again. I have been listening to music off and on but nowadays I start listening to music whenever I am in my room and before I drift off to slumberland. I started seriously thinking about what I want to achieve in the next few years.

I kept up on news events. After a few years of silence, Jakarta got bombed again last Friday. At times I really wonder what are these people up to? Is it really so pleasurable in their opinions to go around killing innocent people and endangering others' lives in the process? As if the world is not messed up already.

This period of "silence" is good in a way that I can focus on other activities. Has there been any urge to write? Of course! Writing is a big part of me, and to suddenly stop writing it is as if something has been wrenched away. But I keep to my own promise - to take a break for a month before resuming. But for those who know, I have been writing off and on in my Facebook notes!

Hence, here I am, back again, with more ramblings of the nitty-gritties of my mundane life!

2 comments:

Jess said...

WELCOME BACK!

juphelia said...

THANK YOU! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...