Lilypie

Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Price Of Carelessness ....

Two weeks ago, I tripped and fell. I had no idea how that happened. All I knew was I was on the pavement when suddenly I tripped and fell on my side right in the middle of the street! Luckily there were no cars then otherwise I would have been run over! As usual, there were a few people around, but everyone only knew how to stare, as if staring at someone in an accident would make the person feel better.

Anyway due to the angle I fell, I had to use my arm to break the fall. So I grazed my left elbow in the process. It started bleeding. By the time I reached home, the bleeding subsided. Two days later, the scab fell off and the wound became raw and bleeding again.

My mum took some medicated powder and applied to the wound. It was so painful that I could hardly move my elbow! The powder felt as if it was eating into my flesh! A bandage was put over it, which only made the wound itch, and it was still painful when the bandage was taken out!

The next day, I bought some violet antiseptic lotion. After applying, it was also biting into my wound. I still need to patch up the wound and bandaged it. It was left exposed during the night and bandaged during the day. Later on in the week, the elbow was a bit better since I could at least bend and move it.

The wound stopped bleeding during the weekend. But I still had to continue with the of applying the violet antiseptic for two more days before the skin started growing again. Thank goodness it is not almost all healed! What I am worried about is the scarring that will come with it. I never had an injury this painful or this bad before! I really must look where I walk in the future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...