Lilypie

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Little Black Dress ....

I bought a black dress a few weeks back. I was not deliberately looking for a black dress. What happened was I was on my way home and there was a mannequin wearing a black dress. It is sleeveless, A-line cut and body-hugging, perfect for work! I fell in love with it at first sight. Since it was the sale period, I decided to make full use of the discount and got it.

Fashion magazines have always stated a lady’s wardrobe can never do without a little black dress. How true! A black dress can be worn on any occasion - formal, casual, professional. Somehow one tends to look better in a black dress, even if it is not your colour. It can be matched with anything and any colour - heels, accessories, bags. Nothing is as versatile as a black dress!

As long as I can remember ever since I started wearing dresses, I have always had a little black dress. It started with one piece for work. Then my ex got me a Macy's ball gown during his trip to Los Angeles. I love that gown! It is long, with black straps and low-back with crisscross straps. Just the kind of design I like for a gown! That gown is still around, I only wore it once for a company’s dinner and dance a few years back.

I wanted to bring it and wear at my cousin’s wedding in Australia, but my mum took one look at it and said no. She told me how could anyone wear black at a wedding, it was not as if I was attending a funeral! I wore a silvery satin gown in the end. But guess what? A western wedding needs a black dress! Half the guests were in black gowns because that was the only formal attire and colour for them!

Since then, I am still looking for an occasion to wear that gown. Maybe if I attend another gala dinner, then I can wear that. Now I have several black dresses, including the one I just bought for work. I have a black toga dress which I wear for classy dates, and another sleeveless black dress, also for casual dates. Come to think of it, I really do have lots of clothes! Perhaps one day I need to do another wardrobe overhaul to see just what I have to get rid of!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...