Lilypie

Friday, July 24, 2009

My Stash Of Journals And Notebooks ....

I was spring cleaning my room a couple of weeks back when I came across all my journal books. I had come across some of my journal books on my desk, under my books, in a drawer, but it was last night that I found all together. A brief glance and I counted twenty-five books! Goodness! Do I really have that many? I cannot even remember I have that many!

There are small notebooks that are more like shorthand books, there are cutesy diaries with a lock and key and scented pages, there are plain ledger books, and there are autograph books with cute covers. I wanted to refresh my memories so I took a brief glance. Now I remember why I have so many. I have been regularly writing in diaries since upper secondary. I keep a separate one for school, one for my life in general, one for relationships and friends.

Thus, the accounts I had with the first guy I dated filled up one book. When I was away at the ASEAN Law Conference all those years back, I brought along a plain notebook and that one week conference filled up one book. When my ex and I were going out, he would give me a new journal every half a year. He would always get those cutesy diaries for me to note down my accounts with him. My travel memoirs were in separate journals too.

I wrote regularly from 1993 to 2002. I even labelled the journals – Love and Friends, School, Family, Travel. Maybe that accounts why I have so many! For some reason, after we broke up, I no longer write regularly, hardly at all. In fact, in the subsequent years that followed, I gradually forgot I even have so many journals at hand! Then I started writing online, so there is hardly a need to touch those diaries, and I have to admit I slowly forgot about them, except for the one or two books which I still do write in as and when.

Thus, it came as a surprise when I saw just how many journals I have, some I remember fondly, others I do not even remember seeing before, yet the pages are filled with happenings. First impression after all these years is that wow, my handwriting is not bad! And I really do use lots of strength when I write, so goodness knows how many pens I have used up! I really must buy a storage case to store all these journals, and my books too! Trouble is I have not been able to find a big enough bookcase to store all my reading and writing materials!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...