Lilypie

Monday, July 19, 2010

A Taize Session

I have heard of Taize for a very long time but have never experienced it. My understanding of Taize is that it is a Praise and Worship session, similar to the charismatic prayer sessions in the Protestant churches.

Last Saturday during the retreat, I experienced my first Taize. It was a series of hymns, then prayer requests, then hymns, then prayer requests and finally everyone was silent in prayer.

That was my first Taize experience. Even though it was not what I expected, it was still a spiritual and soulful session. I only hope all the prayer requests will cone true!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

I find Taize prayers very relaxing, especially with the numerous candles that makes the prayer ambience condusive. My fav Taize hymn is "Stay With Me" eventhough there were times when I fell asleep during the prayers, hehehe

juphelia said...

Yes, I agree, it's relaxing indeed! I feel absolutely uplifted and energised after that session!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...