Lilypie

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Another Rude Telemarketer!

I have come across many rude and uuncouth telemarketers but the one that called me just now really takes the cake! This guy called me a few weeks back, trying to push me this personal loan. I kept trying to tell him I was not interested and he kept trying to push the sale. Finally I told him that I was busy and could not talk, to which he said would call me again and I did not respond.

He had been trying to call me the past couple of weeks but I did not bother answering his calls. Just now, he called me from a mobile phone. I answered the phone, and the first thing he said was, "Remember I called you a few weeks back and said I would call you again? I have been trying to call you but could not get you. Now this is my personal number."

What the?? The phone is mine, is it anyone's business whether I answer the call or whether I choose to answer the call? Why must I answer if it is a pesky telemarketer who cannot take no for an answer?

Then he proceeded to push the sale again, and I kept telling him I was not interested. He kept cutting me off and telling me the benefits of taking the loan, like low interest rate and whatnot. Yes, I know all that, but I do not wish to incur unnecessary liabilities. So I kept telling him I do not need it and do not want it. He said it would only take a few minutes to fill in the form.

Which part of "not interested" and "do not need" did he not understand? He kept cutting me off whenever I tried to say something. Finally I told him very firmly that I do not need it. Then he said, "Ok, if you do not need it for now, maybe next time? So when can I call you back next time?"

I almost screamed my head off! Which part did he not understand? I told him that I do not need any loan and I do not want anyone to call me regarding anything! Finally he said, "In this case, I hope you can settle whatever debts you have on your own." before hanging up.

I was so pissed off! What kind of attitude is that? He is trying to push a sale, in what way does he think his attitude will enable him to make any sales? I have come across pesky telemarketers but this one is really rude in every aspect!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...