Lilypie

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dressing Up A Mannequin?

Yesterday I happened to be doing some lunch shopping when I saw a loose-fitting dress that is so in vogue right now. It is a short-sleeve dress with drooping shoulders, and a belt. I went into the shop and looked around, but I could not find the dress.

When I asked the shop assistant, she just gave me a harassed look and said the dress was there. So I told her, if I could find it, I would not trouble her. Finally, she brought me to a box of used clothings, and found the same dress, albeit crumpled as I guess people have tried it on.

When I tried it on, it is a bit loose, hence I asked for a size smaller. The sales assistant looked at me and said it was the last piece. Could she at least look? So I asked, what about the one on the mannequin? She then said the one on the mannequin is a small size, but that is for display only, hence she could not undress the mannequin and let me try on the dress.

Can you believe that?! I never heard anything so ridiculous in my life before! So I told her, in that case, can I have a new piece, and a smaller size? She said there is no more smaller size. Since time was running out and I really like that dress, in the end I just let it be and bought it.

But that sales assistant ought to be better trained in handling customers and service! No wonder our service standards are dropping so drastically!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...