Lilypie

Saturday, July 24, 2010

From Training To Cycling

A few weeks back, I received an email asking me to go for venue training for the upcoming Youth Olympics which I will be volunteering for. The training would be on 31 July and I replied that I would be attending.

Shortly after that, I received a notification from the web portal asking us to go for another training on the 24 July (which was today), and we had to reply via the web portal. The notification claimed the training was compulsory so I clicked on "Yes".

This morning when I went to the venue where the training was held, it turned out for some reason, our names were not in the list. Then we were told that we were not supposed to go for this training at all because it would nor be the venue we would be based at!

Then why on earth was the notification sent out? Could whoever it was not check properly instead of sending out a mass notification like that?

In the end we went off since we were not required to stay. Turns out that the first email was the actual one - our training would be on 31 July (next Saturday).

At least the day was not completely wasted. Since we were near the beach, we rented bicycles and went cycling in the end. So we still had fun!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...