Lilypie

Monday, November 1, 2010

Being Intimate In Every Sense

For Catholics, there is not supposed to be pre-marital sex. Personally I do think no matter what religion, it is better not to indulge in pre-marital sex. But face it, how many people actually adhere to this? I am not referring to this who blatantly sleep around with just anyone, but for people who are already adults and gone through at least a couple of relationships. I am sure there would be quite a bit of "rolling around in the haystacks".

Having said that, I am still a strong advocate of not having pre-marital sex. It is worth the wait and knowing your partner respects you fully instead of viewing you in a lewd manner is a pretty good feeling.

There are many forms of intimacy. Normally when people talk about "intimacy", most will co-relate that with sex. But intimacy is a wide term. It can range anything from hand-holding, being loving and affectionate, hugging, cuddling, kissing, and even in non-verbal ways like being soft and loving in the tone of voice and in gestures.

Afterall, I do not think one needs actual sex to show love nor to be convinced that the partner loves you. If someone needs sex to feel love, then I would say this person is very insecure, mighty inconsiderate and disrespectful and definitely barking up the wrong tree. I do not take kindly to men who ask for sex the moment they meet a woman, nor to women who think sex is the only way to keep a man.

Still, one must be aware that people are much less conservative in this day and age. Hence it is their own free will what they want to do. I am not one to judge. I just feel if a couple wants to indulge in sexual intimacy, then it should be with someone they truly love and not just any mere person. Sex itself should not be viewed so casually after all.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...