Lilypie

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Feeling Violated ....

I cannot believe what happened to me yesterday! I was on the bus on the way to claim the kit for the upcoming Standard Chartered Marathon, when I felt someone's fingers stroking my hair from behind. I quickly sat forward, but those fingers moved to my neck and started stroking my neck.

Since it was quitting time, the bus was very crowded hence I could not stand up nor change places. I could only lean forward, feeling uncomfortable since I was sitting at the edge of the seat. The person behind then clasped a piece of paper in his fingers, but his hand never once retracted. I was moving sideways to prevent him from touching me again, and yet every chance he had, he would stroke my hair and neck.

I could scream of course, but the problem was that he was doing it so subtly that there was no proof whatsoever he ever violated or took advantage of me in any way. Yet I felt violated. It was clearly an outrage of modesty, the way his fingers were moving around. There is no reason why he could not put his hands on his lap or on the seat of the bus, instead of putting his hand over to my seat!

Finally he reached his stop, thank goodness! I thought I could finally sit properly again, when he threw that piece of paper he was holding onto my seat before he alighted. Out of curiosity and as proof in case anything happened, I opened the paper and saw his name and his number written on it.

Smart! Very smart! By doing this, I can easily lodge a report since I have his name and number, except in any court of law, there is no proof of any outrage of modesty. It was a crowded bus, people would lean forward and the hand could just slip out in a more comfortable position. I could not even sue!

This is one reason why I hate taking public transport! But what to do, it is the only means of transport I can have, since I am too poor to get my own car, and the guy I am with is not rich enough to get a car too. Unless I stay home everyday and not go out at all, otherwise this is my only mode of moving around for a long time yet.

I really hate men! Why do they think they can just touch a girl and get away with it?! The worst thing is, the guy I am with just laughed it off and kept teasing me about being "attractive to old men" when I told him my ordeal, when all I needed was some comfort and him sticking up for me! What is the use of being with someone if he cannot even protect me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...