Lilypie

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Cathechist Thanksgiving Mass

Two Saturdays ago, we had the Thanksgiving Mass and dinner for the Cathechists in the church. I had to attend the sunset mass for this. It was a normal mass, except there was a section thanking the cathechists and appealing for more cathechists.

Around the end, the cathechists were asked to stand up and be prayed over. The priest also asked the congregation to recognise our efforts in guiding the children and forming their faith. No one knows just how thankless the job is, especially when we face kids who are not receptive and parents who are not bothered enough.

Nevertheless, despite the number of cathechists who have dropped out, I have decided to continue. I will still be taking Primary Five next year, perhaps I will try out another year and see if I want to switch to another level after that.

I hope next year will go by more smoothly than this year and the next batch of children will be better than this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...