Lilypie

Monday, November 22, 2010

My Last Week

This is my last week in my current workplace. There is hardly anything much to do already. I just need to hand over stuff that is still pending, other than that, there is hardly anything much anymore.

I have already started preparing for my new job. First, I have gotten two new dresses to wear, one on the first day of my new job. Second, I have prepared the shoes to wear, and the bag to carry. Third, I will be getting a hair cut this weekend, after my paper on Friday, just before I enter the new office. Fourth, I have prepared the makeup and skincare products I would need.

A new place normally marks a new start, just like when I joined this company more than one and a half years ago. That time, I went back to the Central Business District, rushing together with the yuppies and white collars, enjoying life with food aplenty. Then when we moved out of the Business District to an industrial park, life is still quite enjoyable as we would then carpool and drive out to find food every lunch hour.

Now I will be moving to Orchard Road, where the office is smacked in the middle of Orchard Road, across the street from the hip drinking holes and chill-out places, a stone's throw away from condominium developments inhibited by expatriates, and right in the midst of the shopping belt.

I know some of my colleagues envy me for being able to find work there, but actually to me, I find it no big deal. As long as the company pays me well, I am able to find nice people to work with and there are lots of cheap, good and nice eating places where I will not need to worry where to lunch, that is good enough for me.

Meanwhile, I look forward to finishing my last week at my current place, hopefully without any glitches!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...