Lilypie

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cathechism Course - Day Of Recollection

Today is the Cathechist's Day of Recollection so I went for a course for Cathechists.

The turnout was really good, bigger than expected. The course covered the essence of religious education on children, the problems faced and how to overcome them.

Some of the problems faced are :

1. Parents who dumped the kids in Cathechism and viewed Cathechists as baby-sitters

2. Parents who are not receptive or cooperative in supporting the Church's Faith Formation programs

3. Parents who do not practice the faith wholeheartedly despite the Cathechists guiding and teaching the children

I guess the biggest problem is, despite what we teach the kids, how we tell them that they must pray in the proper way, they must go to church, they must uphold the days of obligation, etc, if their parents do not view religion as important and do not practice at home, the cathechists' hands are then tied somewhat.

Which makes me rather ashamed that there are still times when I do not practice my faith. For instance, I do not uphold the days of obligation as well. This makes me more determined to make it a point to practice my religion wholeheartedly. Afterall, I must practice what I preach, right?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...