Lilypie

Saturday, July 1, 2006

You Took My Heart Away ....

Inspired by Angie, from her latest post.

I am starting to examine how many people have taken my heart away. Strangely, besides those who have been romantically linked to me, I have yet to come across anyone else telling me that I have taken their hearts away. What to do since I am so weird?

The first time I gave away my heart, it came back to me, broken into little pieces. And I spent some time trying to patch the pieces back.

The second time I gave away my heart, it came back broken into even littler pieces, and I am still patching up from all the bitterness and hurt caused by that.

The third time I gave away my heart, it came back disgusted, disappointed and made me almost give up altogether.

Then he came into my life. And I decided to give my heart away again, only to have it come back unrequited.

And now, I have finally given my heart away again, and this time, nothing is ever going to go wrong, because I am making sure nothing will happen. I do not want another broken heart which I have to patch up because I no longer have the strength to patch up anymore broken hearts.

But I believe all will be well. Through him, I realise what is true love. I never know someone can love me so much, totally, unconditionally, willingly, without expecting anything back.

Through him, I never know how blissful it is to be loved, how wonderful it is to have someone who will be there for you no matter what happens.

Through him, I finally realise my worth, that I can be loved by someone too, wholeheartedly.

So darling, here is to us, for past, present, future, and many more happy times together.

A dedication, from our favourite band, and one of the songs you like.

You Took My Heart Away (Michael Learns To Rock)

Staring at the moon so blue
Turning all my thoughts to you
I was without hopes or dreams
I tried to dull an inner scream
But you saw me through

Walking on a path of air
See your faces everywhere
As you melt this heart of stone
You take my hand to guide me home
And now I'm in love

(Chorus)
You took my heart away
When my whole world was gray
You gave me everything
And a little bit more
And when it's cold at night
And you sleep by my side
You become the meaning of my life

Living in a world so cold
You are there to warm my soul
You came to mend a broken heart
You gave my life a brand new start
And now I'm in love (Chorus)

Holding your hand
I won't fear tomorrow
Here where we stand
We'll never be alone (Chorus)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...