Lilypie

Monday, July 31, 2006

Starting Work Again

So it is confirmed I am starting work tomorrow. I am back to working in a law firm, back to doing Corporate work, which I hate, but then the prospects are better than Litigation work. Thus I am now back to being part of the Raffles Place and Shenton Way crowd, working in the Central Business District, back to a formal environment of stuffy executive suits and long lunch crowds.

A job is just a job, so if the company is willing to take me on, I am willing to give my best to them. Of course I would love to do something I really love, but at times one has to be realistic, especially if one is in desperate need of a full-time job. All the more so if what I love cannot feed me, and what I do not really have a passion for is the thing that can give me an income. Conflict of interests, but at times that is needed in order to continue surviving.

I cannot believe what is happening to me. I thought it was just a normal toothache or ulcer on my gums, when I realise that I am actually growing another tooth, at the top right side, next to my wisdom tooth. Now how can I be growing another tooth at this age? I thought all my teeth are fully formed ever since my last molar dropped out and my wisdom teeth sprouted out.

And it is really painful, as now my gums up there are swollen, with an inkling of the surface of a tooth, with the rest inside, which explains the swelling. I really have to get myself to a dentist soon! Wonder if this means my wisdom teeth have to be extracted?

I met up with an old friend yesterday. He is a teacher, and I met him when we were attending the in-house course for teaching Science effectively to kids. He brought along a colleague, who is in his mid-thirties and looking around for someone to settle down with, since his sister is three years younger and already have three children.

So I promised I will look around if any of my girlfriends are interested, although from what I gather, my female friends are those who go for high-flying guys, and not teachers. Wonder why actually, male graduate trained teachers are actually being paid higher than normal executives of the same qualifications.

Then I went to the Hair For Hope Charity. I looked around and noticed most participants were guys. There were a few ladies who got their heads shaved, and I really salute them for it! Somehow the crowd was not as big as the one the previous week. I hung around for a while, made a little donation and then continued amusing myself before proceeding to the Esplanade for the Cabaret performance.

At times I wonder why I am so weird? So abnormal that no one shares my interests. Just like I went to watch Cabaret on my own. And I will be watching Forbidden City on my own as well, as none of my friends are interested in musicals. It gets really lonely at times to be different, as I think it is better to have company when going to a theatre.

Maybe because I was not born naturally. Perhaps Caesarian birth does affect, since the natural way is still the best. Perhaps that explains why all three of us have our own quirks and peculiarities, more than most normal people.

7 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

The people who enjoys operas already belong to a smaller group in the first place. I for one, don't.

But I prefer to watch movies alone and can play boardgames 7-8 hours straight. Now who's the weird one?

Anonymous said...

Congrats for your new job!

I agree so much when you said:"Even though we dont like the job, we still need to work & we have to be realistic!".

Some people are just dreamers. They only want to do something they really like to do, but end up doing nothing and not income!

imp said...

all the best for this new job!!!

Goy said...

Argh! Dang! My last day at Shenton Way was on Monday. Too bad we cannot have a good lunch break together ya~ Haha.

shakespeareheroine said...

Thanks so much, everyone!

And Goy : We can still meet up outside hours if you can!

KaiRiNu said...

hey...good luck on the new job! =)

Goy said...

Haha, sure sure. When we have time we will meet!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...