Lilypie

Monday, July 3, 2006

Updates For The Moment

I went for a post-mortem..... ooops, I meant a post-operation checkup earlier on. The doctor told me that my body is back to normal, everything is functioning very well. He commended that I am healing at an amazing rate.

Hmmmm..... the bad news is that because I can go back to normal so fast, I am highly prone to get the same thing again if I am not careful, especially since I have already gotten it once. And the next time I get it may be more complicated. Hence I need to be stricter with myself and my lifestyle from now on.

And to prevent infection, he told me no sports, especially no swimming for the next two weeks, because water, especially those used by anyone, generate the most germs. Which means I cannot enjoy the hot springs during my Japan trip! :-(

My mum and I went to the tour agency to attend the briefing for the trip yesterday. The temperature there is about twelve to twenty degree celsius, a big change from our unbearably hot weather lately.

Seems like the temperature has gone above thirty for the past few days, which accounts for my constant perspiration even when I sleep in the buff in an air-conditioned room at night. If the temperature goes even higher, I may just walk around naked!

The worst thing is that starting today, my house is undergoing intensive renovation. At first it was only my parents' bathroom, but now, even my bathroom is out of function, as the water seeps out into the second-floor hallway and the bottom of our bookshelves are wet, since we have a whole row of bookshelves just outside the bathroom.

So now we have to use the small bathroom next to the kitchen, the one which my maid and grandma uses. I do not mind actually, but my brother keeps complaining that he cannot believe six or seven people have to share one bathroom.

I told him if we are staying in a flat, there will most likely be just one bathroom, and everyone has to use the same one, so stop complaining. The only gripe I have is that if I ever need to wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, I have to go all the way downstairs, past the dining room and kitchen before I can reach the bathroom. Which means no more sleeping in the buff for me!

Thus, my parents decide to just redo the whole house. Revamp the two bathrooms upstairs, fix up the cracks in the walls outside, repaint the whole house (both outside and inside), replace the chandelier in the living room (hope they get a more sparkling one this time), fix up the dining room. So from today onwards, I have to put up with all the drilling, dust and noise.

This week I will need to prepare for my Japan trip. I have already packed all the appropriate clothes, long-sleeved, sweatshirts, sweaters, jeans, turtlenecks, moisturiser, sunscreen, lip balm, toiletries.

I need to get an adapter for my camera charger, since we are using 240V, but the power circuit in Japan is using a voltage of 110 / 220. I do not wish to short-circuit their system and spoil my camera and battery at the same time!

I also need to rent a handset, since my quad-band phone cannot be used in Japan due to difference in network. Strange, I was told the phone is quad-band, even better than tri-band, so can be used in America, Canada, Mexico, Zimbabwe, Timbuctoo, even the Arctic and Antarctic, and yet it cannot be used in Japan and Korea?!

And in order to send out messages, I need to get a 3G phone, instead of a normal one. The network service provider has to configure the phone to the Japanese network, but their messaging system is also different, so if I just rent a normal phone, I can only make calls but no messaging. Only a 3G phone can detect the network automatically. Then I can message my guy everyday!

So this will be a rather busy week for me. Hopefully I can spend more time with him before I go off, and also to meet a certain friend for dinner at a certain Indonesian restaurant. (Wonder if he has read my post which is entirely dedicated to him?)

Oh, I just received the hospital bill. And I realise I am getting broke! The breakdown of my expenses for this month :

Hospitalisation and Surgery - S$2,000.00
Trip to Japan (for everything, ie airfare, tips, own expenses, meals) - S$3,500.00 per person
Course fees for this semester (which I may have to defer due to my condition) - S$2,000.00

And my status? JOBLESS! I am going to be in real trouble soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember u said that ur mom is paying for the trip? Any I m sure your mom has settled the hospital bill upon your discharge.

I think your 'problem' has already been resolved by around 70%. haha

shakespeareheroine said...

Yes, but I do not intend to live off my mum. So whatever she paid for me, I will have to pay her back.

Ole' Wolvie said...

Hot springs should be fine. They do have curative properties you know. You may want to inquire for one that suits your current condition.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...