Lilypie

Saturday, July 29, 2006

A New Audition

I just heard news that due to the takeover of the Opera Chorus by a new choral director, the entire chorus is going to be revamped. So now I have to re-audition. Ever since I gave up the performance last month, I have not sang for quite a while.

The audition is going to be on Tuesday. We are supposed to prepare an opera aria and a song from any other musical. I am thinking of the part from "Marriage Of Figaro" which I was singing before I pulled out, as well as "Think Of Me" from "Phantom Of The Opera". It was the latter that enabled me to pass the first audition and join the chorus in the first place.

However, I am not that confident I can pass the audition this time round. Our new choral director is pretty reputable in the choral circle, and I have heard that his expectations are pretty high. Perhaps someone like me do not stand a chance this time, when compared to the rest who are much better singers than me.

I admit I am feeling rather nervous about the whole thing. It was a stroke of luck (and desperation on the part of the former Artistic Director) that got me performing, but I may not be as lucky this time round. If the pool of singers come from those who already have professional training, then what will become of me?

Waiting for Tuesday. Wonder what the outcome will be like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...