Lilypie

Monday, January 1, 2007

Here Comes Another Year!

Happy New Year everyone! So an old year has past and a new one has come. As the old year went by, I started to reflect on what I had done. Have I got my resolutions fulfilled? Have I had an enriching year? Could I have had a better year?

What had I done for the past year? It had been a year of ups and downs, my path had been pretty uneven, especially for the second half of the year. The first half sailed by pretty well, I was really happy and felt my life was complete. The second half went by in a more emotional state than before, with the loss of a few friends and being in and out of depression.

Despite all these, the year went by in a breeze. So what do I want for this new year? Of course I will want things to be better. I wish to have a better year than before. I wish to be more involved in charity and children's and animal's work, more stabilised where my career and love life is concerned, and a better relationship with my family. Also, I hope to have a breakthrough in life and go somewhere instead of being stuck in a rut.

Just now when we brought our guest out to see the fireworks, I told myself not to flicker out like the fireworks - a beautiful sight but gone within seconds. If I am to light up, it will be for a long time, and now that I am approaching another year older, I will know what to do and where to go.

Wishing all of you (and your family and loved ones) a wonderful and fulfilling year ahead!

4 comments:

imp said...

have a good 2007!

gus said...

Happy New Year 2007. Let's step into new year with faith and courage , knowing that He holds the future.

Number 6:24-26
24 " ' "The LORD bless you
and keep you;

25 the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;

26 the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace." '

juphelia said...

And a wonderful year to you too!

Patricia Carter said...

I love new years and new beginnings. They are lovely.
Tickets on Sale
Buy Online Tickets

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...