Lilypie

Monday, January 8, 2007

Songs That Have Impacted My Life

I never take to guys with facial hair. The guys I have been involved in are all clean-shaven with no trace of any facial hair. I do not care if they have hair anywhere else, but not on the face, because I do not like the feeling of getting all prickly and tickled up if we kiss.

That is until I know about him. Perfect features with a perfect voice to boot. Plus his songs are all soulful and touching. If I am allowed to dream, he will be my next dream lover (together with Brad, Orlando, and a certain Korean star). A great singer, talented song-writer, and publisher. Just perfect in every sense of the word. But then he is probably old enough to be my father, so a dream shall always remain a dream in this respect.

His songs actually mean a lot to me. I first heard of them when someone sang to me, quite some time ago. I remember the first song I heard is "Honey", then "Autumn Of My Life". These two songs touched me so much that I still cry whenever I come across them.

I never knew who sang the songs until recently, when I was searching for lyrics, I happened to stumble upon "Summer, the First Time", and the rest just fell in place. That was when I discovered the powerful voice behind the the two songs I always warm my heart to.

However, based on songs with similar theme, I much rather prefer Bee Gee's "First Of May" to the summer song. Perhaps this, together with the other two songs above, all mean a lot to me, and these songs have been a large part of my life, which will never come back.

Honey (Bobby Goldsboro)

See the tree
how big it's grown
But friend,
it hasn't been too long.
It wasn't big.

I laughed at her
and she got mad
The first day
that she planted it
it was just a twig.

Then the first snow came
and she ran out to
brush the snow away
so it wouldn't die.

Came running in all excited
slipped and almost hurt herself
And I laughed till I cried

She was always young at heart
kinda dumb and kinda smart
and I loved her so
And I surprised her with a puppy

Kept me up all Christmas Eve
two years ago
And it would sure embarrass her
When I came in from working late

'Cause I would know
that she'd been sitting and crying
over some sad, silly
late, late show.

And honey, I miss you
and I'm being good
And I'd love to be with you
If only I could

She wrecked the car
and she was sad
and so afraid that
I'd be mad.
But what the heck.

Though I pretended
hard to be
Guess you could say
she saw through me
and hugged my neck.

I came home unexpectedly
and caught her crying needlessly
in the middle of the day.

And it was in early Spring
when flowers bloom and robins sing
she went away.

And honey, I miss you
and I'm being good.
And I'd love to be with you
if only I could.

One day while I was not at home
while she was there and all alone
the angels came.

Now all I have is
memories of Honey
and I wake up at night
and call her name.

Now my life's an empty stage
where Honey lived
and Honey played
and love grew up.

And a small cloud passes overhead
and cries down on the flower bed
that Honey loved.

And see the tree
how big it's grown
But friend,
it hasn't been too long
it wasn't big.

And I laughed at he
and she got mad
The first day she planted it,
was just a twig.

Autumn Of My Life (Bobby Goldsboro)

In the spring of my life
she came to me
She brought sunshine where
winter winds had blown.

Then I took her for my wife
in the spring of my life
and she brought me a joy
I'd never know.

And the years they went by
in the spring of my life
And in summer
she blessed me with a child.

Love continued to grow
in the summer of my life
And in every morning sun
I saw her smile.

But in the autumn of my years
I noticed the tears
And I knew that our life
was in the past.

Though I tried to pretend
I knew it was the end.
For the autumn of my life
had come at last.

Now what, what do you say
to a child of ten.
How do you tell him
his daddy's going away?

Do I tell him that I've reached
the autumn of my life,
And that he'll understand
some winter's day.

Now a rose can't be found
on a snow covered ground
And the sun shine
through the clouds.

But I'm richer you see
for the years she gave to me
And I'm content
in the autumn of my life.

First Of May (Bee Gees)

When I was small
and Christmas trees were tall
we used to love
while others used to play.

Don't ask me why
but time has passed us by
someone else moved in
from far away.

(Chorus)
Now we are tall
and Christmas trees are small,
but you don't take
the time of day.

But you and I,
our love will never die,
but guess we'll cry
come First of May.

The apple tree
that grew for you and me.
I watched the apples
falling one by one.

And I recall
the moment of them all,
the day I kissed your cheek
and you were mine.

(Repeat chorus)

When I was small
and Christmas trees were tall
do do do do do
do do do do ....

Don't ask me why
but time has passed us by.
Someone else moved in
from far away ....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...