Lilypie

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

(Still) A One-(Wo)Man Show ....

The one who would be my new boss withdrew the offer at the last moment, so it is back to me holding the fort again. My Human Resource department has to start opening the vacant post and interviewing candidates again.

I suppose he took a better offer over this. Cannot blame him actually, but in this case, why not tell us much earlier? The post had been vacant for two months already. Or maybe it was only around this time that he got a better offer.

Come to think of it, in-house counsels are highly sought after lately. More and more companies are finding it more cost-effective and time-saving to hire their own in-house counsels rather than outsource to a law firm. And these companies are willing to pay a large sum for top practitioners. Comparatively, for small medium enterprises like my company, anyone would go for a bigger company instead.

I only hope someone will be hired very soon! If this goes on, I will need a full assistant of my own too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...