Lilypie

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

My New Nephew

My elder cousin finally gave birth today! The first new generation of my mum's side. Needless to say, my grandma was ecstatic! Wonder how much more excited she will feel when my Australian cousin becomes a father next month. She was hospitalised yesterday, but the baby did not come out until today, so his birthday would be the second of January, instead of New Year's Day itself, which would be more special.

We went to the hospital yesterday, and I carried the baby boy! He is so tiny, and fragile! I used to carry my brothers, but that was so long ago, and even then, I was not allowed to carry them as newborns, only when they were a few months older. I carried my niece though (my cousin's daughter from my dad's side), but even then she was already two weeks old.

My new nephew was not even a day old when I carried him! Obviously my cousin looked worried, but my mum assured her she would supervise. My mum could carry the infant with just one arm! I wonder how she did that, considering I was so scared even while carrying the infant with two arms!

I fell in love with the baby the moment I laid eyes on him. He was sleeping so soundly, he looked so red, and I feel just as excited as the new parents. My cousin looked pretty well for someone who had just given birth (according to my mum at least; I will not be able to tell personally). I was so reluctant to give the baby back to his grandmother, but he was going to cry and needed to be fed.

I was so excited over the baby, yet why, when I left the hospital, I had such mixed feelings?

2 comments:

Suzan Baker said...

Welcoming a whole new person in the family is quite a difficult task.
airport parking Gatwick
compare Gatwick parking

Patricia Carter said...

I love babies. New born are the best. They are so cute.
Tickets Depot 24/7
Tickets

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...